Sunday, November 16, 2008

About me in 500 words or less

I haven't posted anything in quite awhile, so I feel obligated to post something. So here is something about me in 500 words or less...

California born and raised (by Maternal Grandparents).
Have lived in San Pablo, CA all my life. Catholic School girl...St. Paul Elementary in San Pablo and Presentation High School in Berkeley. Have been working since 16 (but not at the same job). First job was cashier at the Rancho Drive-In theatre in San Pablo part-time. After graduation from High School, I went to Contra Costa College studying Business Administration and Principals of Accounting. Second job was Bookkeeper at Goodyear in Richmond at 19. Later I moved out of the house
. After that, worked at different waitress jobs until I found a good job at UC Berkeley as an Admin Asst in the Chicano Studies Dept. I worked at the Golden Gate Fields/Bay Meadows Race Tracks during the mid 70s at which time I bought my first car...a fiery red 1979 Pontiac TransAm. Although the car is long-gone, the memories of that fantastic machine are as vivid as if I drove it yesterday. Loved that car!


I worked at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and for the University of California, Office of the President in Oakland in the 90s. I was a DJ in the early 80s at a small club in Albany, CA for awhile and learned how to mix music and drink! I spent most of my life making choices that may not have been the best, but I don't regret having had those life experiences because it made me a stronger and wiser person today. The best thing that ever happened to me was having my daughter, Vivianna in 1987. She has always been there with me, still is, and we share a great friendship as well. She is now 21, and has almost completed her AA degree. I'm a self taught computer geek, and proud of it.
I love custom cars and going to car/bike shows and got into the photography thing at each show. I used my photographic learning curve to take more and more pictures at custom car and bike shows and at the drag races. The more shows I attended, the better my pictures became. I attempted to start an online magazine of local custom cars, but never got it off the ground. I still occasionally attend cars shows and go the NHRA drag races every year. I'm currently employed at a company that refurbishes large Yachts, Ships, Barges, etc. in the Human Resources department. My life is not as exciting anymore, as old age and arthritis has crept in like an unwanted roommate and just won't leave! I spend most of my spare time beading and making my own jewelry as well as making my own greeting cards. I used to occasionally go out dancing on a Saturday night with a former friend Jaylene, but my movement is limited. However, that doesn't stop me from having a good time!


No comments: