Thursday, February 7, 2008

I watched some reruns (probably due to the writer's strike) last night, which I just love for one reason or another. The first one being a rerun of "Two and a Half Men" (normally on Monday's @ 9pm PST on CBS) which I'm told is not as popular with viewers as it is purported to be according to the Nielson ratings. There is something about Charlie being himself as a 'man-whore' that's amusing to me, as if I'm watching his home movies (sans Denise Richards). Although, I have to say that Jon Cryer's role as Alan Harper is annoying. The saving grace in the cast is Conchata Ferrell's few and far between apprearances as Berta and Holland Taylor as their supercilious mother (who reminds me alot of my own mother) which can be interpreted to be good or bad! You figure it out....

Then there's The Big Bang Theory . I REALLY love this show. Perhaps because it appeals to the inner nerd in me which assists me in getting all the jokes! If you've never seen an episode, you just have to watch one. Of course, to me, they're hilarious. But you know, one's man's joke is another man's trajedy.



"It's not just humor that flows from the unlikely combination of girls and intelligent men, however: life lessons are learned by the characters and, most importantly, by you, the viewers at home. Leonard and Sheldon discover that there's more to life than numbers and protons, while Penny learns the meaning of math. Television may never be the same."


Most of what I watch on TV is either sitcom or educational. That includes drama shows like CSI, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, L & O SVU, etc. which can be very educational should you wish to off your boss or your noisy annoying neighbors. Crime scene tips abound and hints about what not to do in order to avoid getting caught are given if you pay close attention. Of course, there's always the chance you'll screw up and never commit the perfect crime, so I stick to just watching and fanatizing about how my annoying next door neighbors meets their demise with the help of my weekly shows.


Then I watched a program on another station (the History channel) about USOs: (Unidentified Submerged Objects) which have been numerous off the coast of Catalina Islands in California. Makes one think about looking downward instead of upward to the sky's. Perhaps the aliens are already here and we don't know it because we keep expecting them to appear from the sky...next time you take that cruise to Baja, keep an eye peeled!










No comments: