Friday, February 8, 2008

PAYPAL scam?


Well, here's a new one which is legitimate apparently. I was trying to purchase something on ebay the other day, and had to go through PayPal. But before I could complete my transaction I had to log into my PayPal account and had to add a current debit card to my account, which I did. Well, this morning I happened to be checking my bank account online and noticed a one dollar ($1.00) charge by PayPal. When I called to ask what this was for, I was told it was a charge to add a new card to my account. I had never heard of this, and told the person on the other end of the phone, that I have NEVER been charged before. But "he" insisted that that was standard procedure...since when? I have no clue. Now, you say, "she's bitching about $1.00; boo-hoo, to which I say, HELL YEAH, it's my dollar and I want it back. I have gone over their website from stem-to-stern and cannot find anywhere in their fine-print where it says you will be charged for adding, or updating your debit card info. I hope they don't charge for deleting a card, because that's just what I did after I didn't get satisfaction from PayPal. You would think that it would be in the window in plain site while your adding the new card information stating "you're bank account will be charged a service fee of $1.00" to which I would have said, yeah ok, so what...but when you do it surreptitiously, then I'm out for the kill. Their site even says, and I quote "PayPal is FREE." It also indicates the following: "Free: There are no fees when you open an account, and paying with PayPal is always free for buyers." Am I missing something in all of this??? If anyone can show me where it says it in black & white that this charge is legit, then I'll eat that dollar, literally!

No comments: