Friday, February 22, 2008

TGIF

I'ts Friday. Thanks to having President's Day off, it was a quick and short work week.

Valentine's Day came and went without any big production. I don't have a significant other, therefore I don't get the normal "kissy-kissy" "will this save my ass from being in the dog house" flowers and candy stuff. Which is fine, because not having all that relationship drama is so liberating, to say the least.






However the worst is yet to come...my birthday is next week and I'm turning another year older. In dog years, I'll be 399 yrs old!!! Wow, I've really survived through alot. I've sniffed alot of butts, but still haven't found Mr. Right...uh, excuse me your honor, please strike that last comment from the record due to my client's temporary attack of insanity...and I guess in 3 more years, I'll be considered an honest-to-goodness Senior Citizen at the ripe old age of 60. Pretty soon, I'll have to invite the local Fire Dept. to my birthday parties just in case I can't reach my fire extinguisher in time! Mmmmm, I love the smell of burning cake and wax in the morning.


On another note, I hate all this rain that we've been having. Yeah, I know we need the rain, but I hate having to drive to and from work in it because of all the IDIOTS that are on the road, and DON'T know how to drive in the rain. That's one of the main reasons why I don't commute to work on the freeway anymore and take the scenic route via the "Avenue" and other side streets all the way to work. Too many bad drivers (aka IDIOTS) darting in and out of traffic just to get one or two cars ahead of you, in their mad rush to work. Or the ones that cannot control the vehicle in bad weather and drive 35-40 mps on the freeway. I say either start out earlier so that you're not in such a frantic rush, or take public transportation and give the rest of us who know what we're doing behind the wheel, free reign of the road.
The ones that really get me are the ones in a mad rush to pass you up and then step on the breaks to slow down. What's that about??? Did you suddenly forget your destination? Did your medication suddenly kick in? Or did you have a brain fart and realize that trying to drive 70 mph wastes more gas than if you drive 55? I could go on and on, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, and you all know who you are!
You probably follow the manual on bad driving since you obviously don't have a brain cell of your own with which to make decisions with. Well, despite all the negativity, I'm positively looking forward to going to the WonderCon on Sunday in San Francisco....of course, I'll be taking BART!








No comments: