Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday!

Across the country, over three million more voters turned out in Democratic primaries than Republican contests -- a trend that persisted even in traditionally conservative states.




Hillary wins Arizona, Arkansas, American Samoa, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, and Tennessee! While Clinton scored a few victories in key coastal states like California, she only broke 60 percent in one state, Arkansas.


Obama not only won more states, but racked up victories over 60 percent in seven states, buoyed in part by organizing prowess in caucus contests. More consequentially, he won independents by large margins in most regions, including states in Clinton's column, such as Arizona and New Jersey, where one out of five primary voters were independents. He won them by 15 points in Clinton's home state of New York, and by 30 points in California. In the swing state of Missouri, independents flocked to Obama by a decisive 37 points, securing his narrow victory there. On Tuesday night, the campaign also seized on the results as evidence that Obama has more national appeal than Clinton. Barack Obama won the most states, including pivotal red territory like Missouri, Georgia and Kansas, while Hillary Clinton ran up large margins in the blue strongholds of California, Massachusetts and New Jersey.

Why am I reposting something on here that is already out there on the web??? For the very fact that I am excited that for the first time in my entire life, since I became eligible to vote at the tender age of 18, that I have actually voted in a primary election. Gasp! (Feel the negativity surround the room as readers are appalled over the fact that I have never voted.) The plain fact of the matter is, that, before this, there has never been anyone, (and I mean ANYONE) on the ballot that I thought was worth voting for. Although, I was a Clinton supporter back in the day, I knew he would win without my vote, so I don't feel guilty about that. I just feel bad that he had to leave office. Say what you will about Mr. Clinton, but we were never at war with anyone and he was a pretty good all around guy...problem is, he was "around" in the wrong places too much! But, like most of us say now, "he was a lover, not a fighter!"

I also have that wonderful feeling of accomplishment, having voted in such a key primary which could very well change the course of human history. Although I voted for Hillary, I won't be upset if she doesn't win, and loses to Mr. Obama. I feel that either one will make for good politics in the White House. I know that most of America is not ready for a female, nor for a minority to run the country...but, come on folks, we need a shot in the arm, and this is not the 60s anymore (thank God-yes I said the word, G-O-D). It's a new era where the "minorities" are no longer a minority...we are the MAJORITY, and white America is fast becoming the new "minority!" So we need someone who is more qualified to represent us in the White House, whether it be an honest-to-goodness educated female (which intimidates the "good-old-white-boy" crowd), or the ever-so-feared (by the same), an educated black man.

Whoever it may be, it will be a damn site better than the "BUSH-it" we've been putting up with for the last 7 years!!! He has been president since 1/20/01 and then he's gone on 1/20/09...too long, and not soon enough!

So come November 2008, you know what I'll be doing...making a difference with my long-awaited vote! The United States presidential election of 2008, scheduled to be held on November 4, 2008, will be the 56th consecutive quadrennial election for president and vice president of the United States. This presidential election schedule coincides with the 2008 Senate elections, House of Representatives elections, and gubernatorial elections, as well as many state and local elections.

If you wish to check the current stats on the "Super" Tuesday voting go to: http://www.pollingreport.com/2008.htm

Or click here to see the professional qualifications of national candidates.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your blog!
Kent J. Taylor
AKA zwizarddude