Monday, February 11, 2008

Is Xmas really over??

Another precious weekend gone and Monday arrives always too soon. I spent the early part of Saturday taking down my xmas decorations, along with the tree (yes, you read that correctly) and putting everything in their boxes all wrapped up and ready to be sent to storage; ready for next year. Now my apartment looks so gloomy and empty without all the glitz and bling of xmas, I get depessed AFTER chrismas because I have to take everything down. Most people get depressed during the holidays...not me! I get excited because I can go crazy and decorate like there's no tomorrow (I do the same for Halloween) both at home and at work. Well, at least I have something to look foward to; only 350 more days 'till xmas (again)!

On a lighter note, I watched to 50th Grammy awards last night, and I must say I was a bit disappointed. I don't ususally watch the Grammys, but since it was the 50th, I expected a little more pow, bang and zip for it being the 50th and all. Of course the entertainment was good, but I expected something more "out-of-the-box" type of thing. Something more stupendous to out-do all 49 Grammy shows that preceded. Not even a compilation video show of all 50 years put together in one glorious presentation. I guess the writer's strike affected the illustrious Grammys and I was very dissapointed to say the least. Not to mention, that of the "late" artists that were being shown on screen who had gone on to their "greater Grammy award," James Brown was not listed among them! For shame! Between that disappointement, and christmas being gone and over with, I think I'll just curl up and hibernate until winter.

No comments: